Making the move to office 365?
It’s decision time where you are going to go Office 365. You’re looking at the solution from Microsoft and now you need to deploy. But what are you going to deploy, and where are you going to deploy? In this article, we take a look at the different models of deployment, when to utilise cloud services, when to use hybrid deployment methods.
We already know that productivity is the number one reason for cloud technology adoption for most of the companies across Asia Pacific. Having said that, the focus of deployment that we’re seeing in Asia was mostly focused on email solutions. So a lot of companies have made a move shifting their exchanged mail to exchange online. That has been the main focus with very little adoption of Lync (now Skype for Business).
Who is deploying Office 365?
From what we are seeing, there are three primary categories that separate the market in terms of who’s deploying Office 365. These are:
- The client who is trying to reduce costs dramatically
- The client who is moving from a third party technology
- Companies looking to cloud to transform their business.
Benefits of Office 365:
Office 365 is a core product to enhance employees’ productivity in the workplace. These benefits include:
- Your go-to Office—anywhere: Whether you’re working in your office or on the go, you get a familiar, top-of-the-line set of productivity tools. Office applications —always the latest versions—let you create, edit, and share from your PC/Mac or your iOS, Android™, or Windows device with anyone in real time.
- Tools for the professional: Brand your business-class email address with your company name to build name recognition, and market your business with customized marketing materials that are easy to create. Connect better with customers and colleagues with a range of communication tools, from email and IM to social networking and video conferencing.
- Tools for teamwork: With 1 TB of storage per user, you’ll have plenty of space for all your files. Plus, because your files are stored online, you can share with people in or outside your company, from wherever you’re working, whenever you need to. And with multi-party HD video, content sharing, and shared calendars, you’ll always be in sync with your team.
- Easy setup and management: With step-by-step guidance, you can set up users easily and start using the services fast. You can access the easy-to-use admin center from anywhere to manage all your services. And Office 365 takes care of IT for you, so your services are always up and running and up to date.
Sofiane and myself recently hosted a Google Hangout where we discuss the deployment of Office 365 in detail. You can watch it here: